Dienstag, 27. September 2011

Lea Michele vs. Sarah Hyland: Celebrity Feud

Lea Michele vs. Sarah Hyland: Celebrity Feud

Lea Michele takes her red carpet poses seriously -- perhaps a little too seriously. On Friday, the Glee star said she was wounded by Modern Family actress Sarah Hyland's imitation of her on E!'s Fashion Police.

"I gotta be honest. It hurt my feelings a little bit," said Michele, 25, at Variety's annual Women of Power event. "I really think the message of today is that women should motivate and empower women, and so that's why I'm honored to be a part of today."

Hyland, who plays superficial teen Haley Dunphy on the Emmy-winning Modern Family, was a guest on Joan Rivers' snarky chat show on September 16. When the topic of Michele came up, Hyland, 20, tried to imitate the diva's signature red-carpet pose. Watch the video below!



"She sticks out her collarbone to make her look skinnier and she sticks out her lips," observed Hyland, who watched Michele work it at the Glee 3D movie premiere. "It's very strange. I actually saw a clip of her doing that on the red carpet and you see me in the background, like with my back turned looking at my publicist, being like, 'I don't know what to do right now.'"

The comment was clearly made in jest, but Glee fans bombarded Hyland with Twitter insults, saying that she was jealous of a more successful actress. The day after the show aired, Hyland addressed the controversy.

"I did not intend for my comments to be taken in a malicious way... In no way am I jealous of Lea Michelle," she tweeted. "Congrats Lea. U know how to work the red carpet. I can't take it as seriously as you. That's all I wanted to show on FP. It's strange to me... I don't like the red carpet. I feel silly. So props to her for knowing what she's doing and enjoying it."

"But I won't apologize," Hyland added. "I'm an outspoken person... And I mimicked what I saw with my own two eyes."

The Modern Family actress, who says she's known Michele for six years, also reached out directly to her on Twitter before the Emmys, asking if they could talk at the ceremony. ("It was meant to be humorous, not hurtful," she wrote.) But from Michele's comments this weekend, it sounds like she took the insult as seriously as her Twitter fans! It's too bad that Lea Michele couldn't just laugh it off; she always looks fierce on the red carpet, and it's not like Sarah Hyland can take that away from her. If the Glee actress could take herself a little less seriously, it would do wonders for her diva-ish reputation.

While we're on the subject, has anyone else noticed that Fashion Police has become like the WWE for fashionable starlets? This is the third big fight that's started on the show this year: Ciara angered Rihanna with her comments on Fashion Police in February, and Kelly Osbourne belittled Christina Aguilera during an August episode. Guess insulting someone's outfit is just asking for trouble -- especially if you do it on national television.

Source: http://www.ivillage.com/lea-michele-vs-sarah-hyland-celebrity-feud/1-a-385670

Heidi Klum Heidi Montag Hilarie Burton

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen